Last Updated: Year 19 Day 335
There are a few conditions which must be met before construction may begin.
- Be on the planet or in an entity on the planet (must be commander or pilot of the entity)
- Be on the ground where you would like the city to be placed
- Terrain must be other than lava
- No city may currently reside in the construction spot
- Owning enough credits (1.5 million credits *MINIMUM*)
- Obtaining the planet government's permission*
- Having enough faction privilege (Facility Privilege Level 2)**
* Unless the planet's government is the faction you belong to and you
have sufficient privileges. In that case, an event is generated for the
** Only required if you are building the city for the
faction with the faction's funds.
It takes a period of one hour to construct a city, during which time you cannot move.
Below is a list of prices you must pay to build on certain terrain. Note that the
price to build a Hidden City is doubled. Hidden Cities are hidden unless
a character is flying in atmosphere above the city, or if the character
is inside the city. Cities built on caves are automatically hidden.
When building on any of the following types of planet the city
cost is increased by 500,000 credits. Hot/No Atmosphere, Hot/Toxic,
Cold/No Atmosphere, Cold/Toxic, Comet & Asteroid.
After being created, the value of a city remains directly
proportional to its creation price and to the number of free squares
inside the city. Free squares mean squares without any facility built on
City value after creation = (creation price) x (number
of free square) / 484
Each square of the planetary map is also
considered a grid. These grids squares are considered the terrains of
Each terrain exists in two versions. One is a natural version, where you
can move, and a city version, where you may build facilities.
In order to transform a natural terrain into a city, you must pay 1 500
If a character or faction tries to found a city at the location of an
existing hidden city, then that city is discovered. The character or
faction loses 20% of the city creation price to cover the expenditures.
An automatic event is sent to that character or faction. The discovered
city will lose its hidden characteristic.
In order to build a facility in a city, you must either own the city,
ask the permission of the city owner, or if the city is a NPC city, you
may build without permission.
List of terrains:
- Black Hole Terrain
- Gas Giant
- Sun Terrain
Hidden cities can be revealed by owners or those
with 'Manage Facilities' level 4 or above.
In order for facilities to be operational they must be powered.
Newly-constructed facilities will automatically connect to
of the same owner, provided there is
enough energy available to power them. Power generators
can only provide power to facilities in the same city.
Newly constructed power generators will attempt to link to any
existing power generators upon finishing construction, and will
attempt to power any unpowered buildings in the city with the same
If a facility is not powered, the following problems will occur:
- Cannot provide income.
- Cannot extract materials. (Mines, Alazhi Farms)
- Cannot post GNS from inside the facility.
- Cannot use the facility scanners.
- Cannot produce equipment inside factories.
Available energy = 30 * (# of Power generator(s))
In the case that you have extra energy available for an unpowered
facility, you will need to visit a Power generator with unused energy in that city.
Shutting down a facility can be done in
the same process of reaching the command room, clicking on actions, and
finally clicking on the power button for the manage power interface. In
order to access the power interface for a Power generator, you will
need to satisfy one of the following conditions:
- You are the operator.
- You are the commander.
- You are the owner, and you have Level 4 'Manage Facilities'.
- Your faction is the commander, and you have Level 4 'Manage
- Your faction is the owner, and you have level 4 'Manage
On the map, cities will appear as follow:
||Powered Buildings with NPC Starport
- Shut down all facilities powered by Power Generator(s),
and then systematically repower buildings, thus ensuring that no facility is powered more than once.
- Build another Power Generator, which will provide 30 additional units of energy.
- Shut down the power to one or more facilities that you do not need
at the moment.
When constructing facilities in a city, pausing construction so
Power Generator(s) finish first can be helpfull.
Empty cities (those with no facilities in them) can be recycled. The cost of recycling is
one tenth of the city creation cost. To recycle a city, you must be in a
recycling vehicle owned by the same recycling faction that owns the
city. See the
for more details.
Empty cities that have been unoccupied by facilities for three (3) months will suffer decay,
and will be removed.